Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Chili's for lunch and dinner

Went out to lunch at Chili's with the Sales team today. We won favorite overall Halloween decorated cubicle in the Unicon Halloween festivities for Jason Lacy's efforts implementing a Deal or No Deal theme and thereby gained a modest gift certificate to Chili's. It was tasty -- I had the chipotle bleu cheese burger. But I then noticed on the menu both a honey barbecue sirloin and a molten chocolate cake dessert.

I have a weakness for molten chocolate deserts.

So I went back for dinner, on my own, which is slightly less sinful for having used the time to prepare for the Science of Software talk I'm to give in a week (I'm feeling totally unprepared). Honey barb sirloin was delicious. Molten chocolate desert was kind of disappointing. My favorite molten cakes are still those I enjoyed at Oolong's Tea Bar in New Haven, CT -- I'm very disappointed to see the place has closed.

Incidentally, I've decided I have a real problem with the portrayal of gender roles in Deal or No Deal, having perused their website a bit. Never seen the show.

No comments: