Monday, October 29, 2007

allergies

I'd been feeling pretty miserable for the last week and was convinced I had some kind of horrible infection going on. Nose hurt, sinuses hurt, could have sworn I was feverish, felt miserable. Figured it was amphliblius or something similarly dire.

Saw the doctor today. He tells me it's just allergies. No massive antibiotics for me. Got back on Claritin and using Benadryl for pointed relief at bedtime.

As long as I was at the doctor, got my flu shot for the season, which I particularly justify by the fact that I'll be hanging out with my grandparents at Christmas. But I'm flying around enough these days that it seems quite sensible to take this effort not to contribute to spreading the flu around.

Update from later: anti-allergy meds are working great! I feel human again!

1 comment:

Mike said...

You have allergies? If they're actually getting pretty bad, you may want to consider getting a skin test to determine what specifically you're allergic to, though I can definitely tell you that it's not pleasant, especially if you're allergic to everything under the sun like me.