Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Who Killed the Electric Car?

I watched Who killed the electric car? this evening from Netflix.

You should see it too. And then you should decide what you're going to do about it.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day, it went something like "if you're not appalled, you haven't been paying attention". This film reminded me of that.

I drive a Dodge Caliber. This film made me want to buy a Prius and suddenly more appreciative of people I know who drive a Prius.

A friend of mine drives a RAV4, which is just about the cutest vehicle I've ever met. It's always fun to ride in it. Did you know that there were real, working, used-by-consumers fully electric RAV4s? Not hybrids. Look-ma-no-gasoline electric cars. Electric cars are not a dream, they were a reality.

1 comment:

Jim said...

"This film made me [..] suddenly more appreciative of people I know who drive a Prius."

We appreciate you, too, Andrew.