Sunday, May 20, 2007

Dogsitting concludes

Rightful owner returns, dogsitting concludes.

It was fun. My apartment situation isn't amenable to pets, and I don't want to afford the commitment into my life at this point, but renting a couple dogs and a couple cats for a long weekend was a good time.

In some ways it was pretending to be someone else for a few days. With the pets came a house, a neighborhood, a quickly adopted routine involving the oh-so-cool Fry's around the corner, waving hi to the neighbors during the canine-accompanied peregrinations.

Fast forward fifteen years, and I could envision having a life something like all this.

But now I pop the stack and return to my regular life.

2 comments:

Orthoclase said...

Would either life allow for an occasional chess move?

Say, for example, at least one move every 30 days?

Jason Shao said...

That's almost... creepy in a way. If this were a movie, you'd continue to lurk in the neighborhood, watching the dogs from your car until it's time for the snatch ;)