Thursday, October 19, 2006

Road Rage

I took a walk this evening. Walked the canal over to Dobson, stopped off at Sonic for a milkshake, and then moseyed along the block to Safeway where I wandered the aisles for a good long while not really finding anything I wanted. Finally settled on a chunk of mozzarella cheese.

On the walk home from there some kids decided it would be fun to chuck eggs at me from their car. Nailed me a good one.

I figure they're probably more troubled than I am.

Maybe I should move to a nicer neighborhood. I suspect this sort of thing doesn't happen in Tempe.

2 comments:

Mike said...

The world's filled with jerks. It's situations like these that make me want to believe that karma's real.

Andrew Petro said...

I want to believe there's something real that is more forgiving than karma. I believe people deserve better than to get what they deserve. So to speak.

I admit I was really mad at the time of the incident -- I took off running after them, and had I been in better shape I might have caught them at the traffic light. It's probably a very good thing that I'm not, and that I didn't. Chasing them was a pretty stupid response. What can I say, I was mad.

I cleaned up and eventually took my work to Cheesecake Factory at the Chandler Fashion Center mall this evening and enjoyed an absolutely delicious chopped salad while reading Michael Crichton's Travels instead of working. Decadent luxury.

I wouldn't mind sending the hoodlums a bill for my dinner, since it was mostly a response to the unpleasantness of being egged, but maybe, were I ever to know who that was, I should sooner thank them for giving me the excuse to indulge.