Saturday, October 14, 2006

Arizona State Fair and Foo Fighters

I caught the tail end of the Foo Fighters concert this evening at the Arizona State Fair. I think I missed their playing "Times Like These", which is too bad, of all their songs I think it's the one I'm most familiar with and best like. (True to form, however, I don't know the words.)

The cutest aspect by far of the fair was the children's farm exhibit wherein kids could peddle toy tractors to plow a field painted onto the floor, sow seeds and harvest plastic vegetables from a box of dirt, pick plastic oranges attached to wooden tries, and milk fake cows. And, for those tuckered out from all that farm work, there's even a farm porch complete with rocking chairs. So charming.

The fresh roasted corn was delicious.

There were free blood pressure screenings. I'm a little concerned that mine measured in at 140/90. Will have to mention that to the doctor next appointment.

No comments: