Sunday, August 06, 2006

Transfiguration Sunday

I'd have to admit I didn't get much out of the homily today. It was fairly deep about the transfiguration and all I grasped was the punchline -- something about needing to listen to God rather than merely look for or at God.

But I figured something else out at mass this morning that's probably more immediately and personally important, anyway. I set my alarm last night planning on going Church-hopping again today looking for a church, and I ended up just going to Holy Spirit. I think I've found a church and now I need to figure out how to really be a part of it.

Doesn't mean I won't still check out some other churches every once in a while. It's kind of fun to see some different approaches and perspectives. And there seem to be very many of them around here to be visited.

Holy Spirit Catholic Church

No comments: